Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Princess Sand

There once was a princess in a really close land
The land was dirt the land was sand
Where can I build my castle high?
The ground is soft, I dare not try.

She needed a castle where she could live
Live like a princess, like a princess should live
Can't live without a tall tower keep
Where will I lay my head to sleep.

I can't live in this land that is covered in sand
I need help from a sturdy, loving hand.
Asking her Father above the clouds
His land wasn't sand or dirt or ground.

Help me with my problem, my problem so deep
My castle my home, your promise to keep
She called out to Him every day and night
Give me the answer I'm praying you might.

I want my land to be firm like you
Not like the sand that my feet walk through
He certainly listened He had a plan
But princesses don't get answers on their command.

As the days passed by the princess grew weary
Her heart was sad and her feet were dirty
Not much like a princess she felt in her soul
I'm ruined and tired, I want to let go.

I haven't the strength to continue in sand
I wanted a Rock from my Father's hand
I might as well forget the dreams I've once shared
I'll just sit in this pile of sandy despair.

But before I settle for having nothing at all
I'll make one more plea, I'll make one more call.
She opened her eyes flowing with tears
Father, please don't let these months turn to years.

I'm yearning for blessings that come from your throne
I want to learn how to get to the land that you own
From sand to the Rock can't be that far
If that's what it takes to make splendor from scars.

I'm willing to leave the land I called home
My broken heart needs your healing alone
Her Father replied and assured He always had heard her
Live on my Rock and ask nothing further.

As the year continued, things got even harder
She couldn't help but think that He'd forgotten her
She leaned on His promises and gave Him her hope
But here she was again, at the end of her rope.

Without being fully healed from before
She thought the pain was over, yet there was more
For some unknown reason she didn't see clear
This wasn't going to be the year of all years.

In fact, there were more traps set in the sand
She found herself caught up, but not by His hand
Frustrated and weary by making mistakes
She reminding Him daily she wasn't that great.

She failed at everything she had ever tried
Even trusting in Him was an effort that died
"Faith, what is that...if it isn't what I'm showing?"
Each night she couldn't keep the tears from overflowing.

She clung on to something that she couldn't see
Her fingers were weak and her strength gone indeed
There really wasn't anywhere else she could turn
The only thing to do now was to learn.

At the bottom of the sand pit and looking a mess
He reminder her again she was His princess
He hadn't forgotten and he knew full well
There were times in her life that had been pure hell.

He had held her chin up during the darkest of days
And knew she had trusted Him in her own special way
She sensed His presence and now it was time
She looked up from the bottom and started to climb.

She cried all the while and it hurt to even breathe
At least she knew He'd be there, and that He'd never leave.
Yet the question remained in her heart and her soul
What more could He want? She had given her all.

There wasn't anything left that wasn't filled with soil
And her broken condition was proof of her toil
She had nothing to offer and wasn't sure she knew how
To even be a princess, she felt less than ever now.

Given up on her dreams for the fairytale story
That she could tell about later to give Him the glory
But, to Him she's still lovelier than silver or gold
And He is the Author of the life that unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time Surge 1986 - "The Emerald Lights"

                Octavia didn’t say a word, but Tempest noticed she wasn’t flying upward toward the platform but rather back to the eleva...